The current legislation on the processing of personal data defined in accordance with the provisions contained in the EU Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data, as well as the free movement of such data (General Regulation on the protection of data, hereinafter "EU Privacy Regulation") contains provisions aimed at ensuring that the processing of personal data is carried out in compliance with the fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons, with particular regard to the right to the protection of personal data.
The processing of personal data is aimed at:
- provide the service and/or product requested by the user, to respond to a user request, and to ensure and manage participation in events and/or promotions to which the user has chosen to join (request and purchase of journal subscription; request and purchase of books; billing service; sending journals by postal subscription, sending newsletters to scholars and professionals).
- send promotional newsletter of journals to those who have requested it; without prejudice to the possibility for the user to oppose the sending of such mailings at any time.
- send to the user promotional information regarding services and/or company's products of specific professional interest and to send invitations to events of the Company and/or third parties; without prejudice to the possibility for the user to oppose the sending of such communications at any time.
- manage essential data to carry out the company's activities: customers, suppliers, employees, authors. Pacini Editore srl processes the user's personal data to fulfill obligations required by law, regulations and EU legislation.
- manage websites and scientific secretariats for periodic medical and legal publications aimed at scholars and professionals;
All the data referred to in the following point 2 will be kept for the time necessary to provide services and in any case to achieve the purposes for which the data were collected, and in compliance with legal obligations. Any processing of sensitive data by the Data Controller is based on the conditions set forth in art. 9.2 lett. a) of the GDPR.The user's consent may be revoked at any time without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing carried out before the revocation.
The Company may collect the following personal data provided voluntarily by the user:
- name and surname of the user,
- his/her domicile or residence address,
- his/her email address, telephone number,
- his/her date of birth,
- details of the services and/or products purchased.
The Company may use navigation data, or data collected automatically through the Company's Websites. Pacini editore srl can register the IP address (address that identifies the user's device on the internet), which is automatically recognized by our server, this navigation data is used for the sole purpose of obtaining anonymous statistical information on the use of the Website.
The company uses the data made public (for example professional registers) only and exclusively to inform and promote activities and products/services strictly related to and pertaining to the user's profession, always ensuring a strong affinity between the message and the user's interest.
For the sake of transparency and in compliance with the principles enucleated by art. 12 of the GDPR, it is recalled that "processing of personal data" means any operation or set of operations, performed with or without the aid of automated processes and applied to personal data or sets of personal data, such as collection, registration, organization, structuring, preservation, adaptation or modification, extraction, consultation, use, communication by transmission, dissemination or any other form of making available, comparison or interconnection, limitation, cancellation or destruction. The processing of personal data may be carried out with or without the aid of electronic or automated means and will include, in compliance with the limits and conditions laid down by the GDPR, also the communication to the subjects referred to in paragraph 7 below.
- processed lawfully and correctly by parties authorized to perform these tasks, identified and made aware of the constraints imposed by the GDPR
- collected and registered for specific, explicit and legitimate purposes, and used in other processing operations in terms compatible with these purposes;
- exact and, if necessary, updated; - relevant, complete and not excessive in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or subsequently processed;
- kept in a form that allows the identification of the subject for a period of time not exceeding that necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or subsequently processed;
- processed with the support of paper, electronic or telematic means and with the use of security measures to guarantee the confidentiality of the subject to which the data refer and to avoid undue access to third parties or unauthorized personnel.
The provision of some personal data is necessary. In case of failure to provide the requested personal data or in case of opposition to the processing of personal data, it may not be possible to process the request and/or management of the requested service and/or management of the related contract.
The personal data collected are processed by the personnel in charge who needs to have knowledge of them in the performance of their activities. The data will not be disclosed.
In accordance with articles 15-20 of the GDPR, the user may exercise specific rights, including that of obtaining access to personal data in an intelligible form, rectification, update or cancellation of the same. The user will also have the right to obtain processing limitation from the Company, and may also oppose to data processing for legitimate reasons. In the event that he/she considers that own data processing violate the rules of the GDPR, he/she has the right to lodge a complaint with the Authority for the Protection of Personal Data in accordance with art. 77 of the GDPR.
Data Controller, in accordance with art. 4.1.7 of the GDPR is Pacini Editore Srl., with registered office in 56121 Pisa, Via A Gherardesca n. 1.
To exercise the rights under the GDPR referred to in paragraph 6 of this information, the user may contact the Data Controller and may make any request for information regarding the identification of the Data Processors, personnel in charge of data processing on behalf of the Data Controller, at the following email address: email@example.com.
The complete list of Data Processors and categories of personnel in charge of data processing are available on request.
In accordance with art. 13 of Legislative Decree 196/03 (hereinafter D.Lgs.), we inform users of our site regarding the processing of personal data.
The below is not valid for other websites that may be consulted through the links on our site.
Pacini Editore SrL., with registered office in via Gherardesca 1, 56121 Pisa, is the Data Controller of personal data relating to identified or identifiable persons, processed as a result of consulting our site.
The processing operations connected to the web services of this website take place mainly at the aforementioned company headquarters and are only handled by employees and collaborators of Pacini Editore SrL appointed to process the services required (supply of volumes, magazines, subscriptions, ebook, etc.).
The personal data provided by users who forward service requests are used only to perform the service or provision requested.
The insertion of personal data of the user within any maling list, in order to send occasional or periodic promotional messages, is only carried out with explicit acceptance and authorization by the user.
The data provided by users will not be disclosed to third parties unless the communication is imposed by legal obligations or is strictly necessary for the fulfillment of requests and any contractual obligations.
The persons in charge of processing who handle the requests may be made aware of their personal data exclusively for the purposes mentioned above.
No data collected on the site is subject to dissemination.
Data provided voluntarily by users
The optional, explicit and voluntary sending of e-mails to the addresses indicated on this site entails the subsequent acquisition of the sender’s address, necessary to respond to requests, as well as any other personal data included in the message.
Optional data provision
Except as specified for navigation data, the user is free to provide personal data to request the services offered by the company. Failure to provide such data may make it impossible to obtain the requested service.
Personal data are processed using manual and automated tools, for the time necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected and, in any case, for the period imposed by any contractual or legal obligations.
The personal data being processed will be kept in such a way as to minimize, through the adoption of suitable and preventive security measures, the risks of destruction or loss, even accidental, of the data itself, of unauthorized access or processing not allowed or not in accordance with the purpose of the collection.
The subjects to whom the data refer are entitled to the rights established by art. 7 of Legislative Decree no. 196/2003 which we report below:
1. The interested party has the right to obtain confirmation of the existence or not of personal data concerning him, even if not yet registered, and their communication in intelligible form.
2. The interested party has the right to obtain information:
- on the origin of personal data;
- on the purposes and methods of the processing;
- on the logic applied in case of treatment carried out with the aid of electronic instruments;
- on the identification details of the holder, of the responsible persons and of the designated representative according to article 5, paragraph 2;
- on the subjects or categories of subjects to whom the personal data may be communicated or who can learn about them as appointed representative in the territory of the State, managers or agents.
3. The interested party has the right to obtain:
- updating, rectification or, when interested, integration of data;
- cancellation, transformation into anonymous form or blocking of data processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or subsequently processed;
- the acknowledgement that the operations referred to in numbers 3.1) and 3.2) have been brought to the attention, also with regard to their content, of those to whom the data have been communicated or disseminated, except in the case in which this fulfillment proves impossible o involves a use of means manifestly disproportionate to the protected right.
4 . The interested party has the right to object, in whole or in part:
- on legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, even though they are relevant to the purpose of the collection;
- to the processing of personal data concerning him/her for the purpose of sending advertising or direct sales material or for carrying out market research or commercial communication.
This web site uses technical cookie in order to enhance user experience and to provide services to users.
It is possible to limit or disable coookies by modification of your web browser settings, anyway without cookies some of the web site funcionality could not work properly or not work at all.
Cookies can be classified accordingly to the following categories:
These cookies are necessary in oreder to provide the web site services: for example to store information provided by the user during its navigation or to handle user authentication.
These cookies store information related to web site usage for marketing and advertising purposes.
Third party cookies are stored by web site different from the one that is currently visited. Third party cookies can be stored because of content hosted on the web site but provided by other servers. For example cookies can be sent to web browser when you visualize YouTube videos, Facebook or Twitter boxes, Goolge Maps and the like. These cookies can be used by those third parties for marketing and advertising purposes.
Here you can find a list of cookies that can be used on this web site categorized as described above:
|OJSSID||This cookie is stored by our web site to optimize the web site navigation, but information gathered are not stored in order to track user behaviour.||TECHNICAL|
|_gat_gtag_UA_24814452_16||google.com||This cookie is used by Google Analytics services to measure the requests frequence for a given page duirng a unique visit but doesn’t track single user beaviour. It does contain a unique random number or character string to identify the web browser, date and hour of the visit, marketing tools and web pages used by the browser to land on this web site.||TECHNICAL|
|_gid||google.com||This cookie is used by Google Analytics services and is written to the browser upon the first visit. This cookie is used to determine unique visitors to our site and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.||TECHNICAL|
|_ga||google.com||This cookie is used by Google Analytics services to build web site usage statistics but doesn’t track single user behaviour. It does contain a unique random number or character string to identify the web browser, date and hour of the visit, marketing tools and web pages used by the browser to land on this web site.||TECHNICAL|
Every single web browser offer its own tools to manage cookies. Here is some exemple of Cookie configurations for the most used web browser.
- Open the Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the More actions button on the toolbar, and select Settings.
- Search for View advanced settings and click on it.
- Under Cookies section, select to which type of Cookie do you want to block.
- Restart Edge.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under 'Privacy and security', click Site settings Cookies.
- Turn Allow sites to save and read cookie data on or off.
- On your computer, open Firefox.
- Click the menu button and choose Options.Preferences.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the Cookies and Site Data section
- Select your preferred options for cookies
For more detailed informations, please check the documentation for your web browser.